Thursday, November 18, 2010

New NOD Experiences

So I have been doing a lot of work on the NOD/GDI AI latley and I have some great news.  Not only have I managed to get the AI (on medium) to almost always do it's tech research to actually get the upgrades needed (really important for GDI) but I also added in a new AI for NOD, a Xenoforce AI.  This AI is very aggresive and the other 2 AI's seem to have trouble with it most of the time.  I love it!  

A new tactic that this AI likes to use is the Purifier Team, basically 4 Purifier Warmechs are built then go to town on enemy expansion bases.  As these bases are normally not as heavily defended as the main base these guys manage to do a lot of damage before getting taken down.

Another tactic it uses is, if the enemy is well bunkered into its base, the AI will now build 4 or 5 Beam Cannons and 2 of the new Scorpion Warmechs and make a long range assault on the enemy.  It's very interesting to see the hard AI finally using new units, and I can't wait for you guys to see this new mini-release.

No comments: